Stealth P2P network hides inside Kazaa

Eugen Leitl eugen@leitl.org
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 12:39:50 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 3 Apr 2002, Adam L. Beberg wrote:

> As I've stated before, it's a good way to distribute things you dont want
> people to know you have, and really inefficent for anything else. And you

Dunno, given that some of the advanced P2P features (adaptively migrating
content, demand-adaptive content amplification, swarm delivery,
distributed spidering and distributed search, redundant robust storage on
ephemeral nodes, agoric load levelling, prestige accounting) could take
both Google and Akamai out of business, plus kill the web as we know it I
don't see how you could claim that with a straight face. Uncensorable
anonymous publishing capability is just the icing on the cake.

> can wait for the release like everyone else, I've got enough people copying
> what I do already. :-P

I guess there's a commercial niche in there if you come early, and can
deliver (most P2P deployed so far is surprisingly braindead), but on the
long run it's going to be dominated by free packages.