Stealth P2P network hides inside Kazaa

Adam L. Beberg beberg@mithral.com
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 04:03:12 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, Gordon Mohr wrote:

> Can you compare/contrast it to any of the research systems
> presented at the recent "1st International Workshop on Peer-to-Peer
> Systems "? (http://www.cs.rice.edu/Conferences/IPTPS02/)

When someone posted that the other day I went and read most of them :) I
manage better performance then most, with logic even a PHB can understand in
60 seconds.

> Is your design available for review on the web anywhere?
> When is the release expected?

No, it's not available publicly.

And I know my frustration sounds like me saying "I'm a genious and everyone
else is a moron", but what I'm really saying is, "they are morons, but I'm a
BIGGER moron because I've had to sit on this for 7 years because I cant
figure out how to release the thing without it getting stolen and copied 3
days later (because the whole beauty is it's utter simplicity) leaving me
with noone even knowing I designed the thing, and not a penny richer to
boot." But it is a piece I need for other things I'm doing, which have
better potential, so it will be out when those other things are finished I
suppose.

Thus every time someone talks about some inefficient P2P/streaming/content
delivery systems, I scream inside and get just a little more grumpy. Patents
were a hope, but they are useless against the open source hoard, not to
mention the Microsoft legal assasination squad.

Someday I'll figure it out... in the meantime I'm still looking for a day
job like every other geek I know around here.

B: "Do not try to bend the spoon. That is impossible. Instead, only try to
realize the truth." N: "What truth?" B: "That there is no spoon."

- Adam L. "Duncan" Beberg
  http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/
  beberg@mithral.com