A new amorality in the Middle East

John Hall johnhall@evergo.net
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 12:21:04 -0800

I didn't hear the speech or rush.  What I've read is annoying.  However,
what really matters is what happens in the next few weeks and in the
next few months.  I've got a feeling this is just a gesture.  I can live
with that.

The Palestinians chose terrorism because they want to kill Jews and they
haven't been successful at it in other ways.  They chose terrorism
because they believe that they can count on the humanity and restraint
of the Israelis.  It has nothing to do with poverty or justice as
measured by western civilized values.

However, by not allowing the Israelis to live in peace they are rapidly
approaching the point where the Israelis will rid themselves of the
Palestinian problem.

Had the Arabs in general and the Palestinians particular wanted peace
they would have had it.  Their leaders do not take actions for peace
because their people would destroy them if they did.  Their people don't
want peace, they want victory.  Victory is defined as finishing what
Hitler started.