A new amorality in the Middle East

Adam L. Beberg beberg@mithral.com
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 18:55:14 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, John Hall wrote:

> The problem with saying the Palestinians have a deserving cause is that
> the alleged deserving cause was available to them if they had wanted it.
> It was, in fact, offered to them.  They didn't want it.  They want the
> destruction of Israel, which is not a deserving cause.

In my trip to South Korea a couple years ago, one of the things I did was
ask people about the whole north vs. south thing. The story I got is that
99% of people have family in both countries, talk back and forth when
possible, and generally dont give a flying FoRK who's in charge as long as
they leave them and their families alone.

I'd wager the situation in the middle east is the same.

But, you have a bunch of terrorists running around killing people all the
time from inside their tanks, maintaining their hostile takeover of some
dirt. Which generally screws everything up.

- Adam L. "Duncan" Beberg
  http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/
  beberg@mithral.com