Anti-Spam Idea

Jeffrey Kay jeff@k2.com
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 10:16:44 -0500

I don't disagree, but I'm making another point about the FoRK e-mail list.  We've been
getting spam on FoRK for some time now and it appears to be getting worse. One way of
handling that would be to use a whitelist scheme.  Nothing has been implemented to prevent
spam on the list because we want to allow anyone to post without registering first.  An
easy way of handling that problem is to have them post with a special token in their
subject line, which would add them to a whitelist, allowing future posts.  We could make
it pretty easy and convenient for someone to do that and still preserve the ability for
unregistered folks to post to the list.

-- jeffrey kay
weblog  <www.k2.com>
"first get your facts, then you can distort them at your leisure" -- mark twain
"golf is an endless series of tragedies obscured by the occasional miracle" -- sports
illustrated
"if A equals success, then the formula is A equals X plus Y plus Z. X is work. Y is play.
Z is keep your mouth shut." -- albert einstein