[F**K +/-/!5] Re: Anti-Spam Idea

Adam L. Beberg beberg@mithral.com
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 18:55:37 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, Jeffrey Kay wrote:

> Perhaps they will make warez that look for tokens, but one of the keys
> to an approach like this is to change the token from time to time.

No no, this isn't NEARLY complex enough. Since our goal is apparently to
avoid the trivial solution at all costs, your solution isn't acceptable.

I propose we use some kind of web-based OO database for all the posts, with
a nice PHP frontend and Oracle 9i backend, using LOTS of XML of course, with
embedded Java triggers, and some VRML based display code... Or maybe HTTP is
just too simple, maybe some proprietary FoRK protocol...

I think it could be done for just a couple million, and ready in time for
FoRKfest 2007. Can we end this thread now? Rohit isn't listening anyway :)

- Adam L. "Duncan" Beberg
  http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/
  beberg@mithral.com