"united we stand"

Bill Humphries bill@whump.com
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 08:22:32 -0700

On Monday, April 8, 2002, at 01:38 AM, Joseph S. Barrera III wrote:

> Who started the use of this phrase post-9/11?

It's a three-word bumper sticker. And I've seen many variants on the
hindquarters of cars, trucks and minivans. Print on a red, white, and blue
field and ship in bulk to WalMart and the quikie-marts of the world.

One version that stuck out is "We Stand United" which grates the same way
as J. T. Kirk's infamous split infinitive on TOS.

Another sticker I've seen appropriates another powerful phrase, "Never
Again" which has an extremely powerful image and history behind it.

On Monday, April 8, 2002, at 07:40 AM, Gary Lawrence Murphy wrote:

>      NEW YORK (AP) - Pandemonium broke  out on Wall Street today after
>      famed primate anthropologist  Jane Goodall parked a dumpster full
>      of  90-day bonds  and   insider stock reports   on the  curb side
>      outside the Stock Exchange. ... "I never dreamed they'd get so
> violent."

I saw "Hakiu Tunnel" this weekend. Josh Kornbluth could had done something
amazing with that scene.

-- whump, another chimp with rudimentary tools and markup languages <hoot/