"united we stand"

Adam L. Beberg beberg@mithral.com
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 17:54:12 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 8 Apr 2002, carey wrote:

> I dont' think its pheremones.  I do happen to think that -some- guys have a
> real goddamn problem relinqushing power to assertive, strong willed women.
> I can poitn out two very clear examples:

Or maybe, business is war, and women just dont have enough on the bellcurve
of hunter-killer genes they need to play the game ruthlessly enough?

The traits that make females able to raise a child are precisely the ones
that make them great workers internal to an organization, and really not so
good externally - and visa versa for males.

Internal to a company, you need organization, planning, cooperation in
keeping the newest Alpha from killing your young, selflessness, alot of
watching the other gals back so that you can get stuff done - the female
things.

External you need ruthlessness, the ability to find and expoit weeknesses,
the goal of putting as many of your competitors (and employees) as possible
out of work, and general ability to be an asshole - the male things.

Like any bellcurve thing, some women are great hunter-killers, and some men
can cooperate.

Given this, monkey business, you make your exec types male, and your
workforce female. Unless you're in industry or geek fields, when you need
strength (a different bellcurve) or geeks (a genetic defect only males can
have).

- Adam L. "Duncan" Beberg
  http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/
  beberg@mithral.com