Projectile! Espresso! (was re: Message from Yahoo! about changes to our Privacy Policy and your Marketing Preferences)

R. A. Hettinga rah@shipwright.com
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 17:05:46 -0400

--- begin forwarded text

Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 09:15:33 +0100
To: "R. A. Hettinga" <rah@shipwright.com>
From: Somebody
Subject: Re: Projectile! Espresso! (was re: Message from Yahoo! about

At 11:18 pm -0400 7/4/02, R. A. Hettinga wrote:
>I had to bust out laughing, and now my nose really hurts...
>
>After the last iteration of the "Marketing Preferences" page contained *16*
>places to click "no" before Yahoo! would leave you Alone! :-), they added
>two new check boxes on this iteration of How Yahoo! Really! Cares! About
>Your! Privacy!. The new checkboxes are for your address, the other is for
>your phone number.

Well this is the time to set your phone number to that premium rate
phone line in Moldavia - you know the sort $5 a minute or more....

Failing that the US & UK have a suitable range of numbers available
that would do at a lower rate, but still enough to sting since they
have a mininum charge.

In fact this could be an income opportunity - get a premium phone
number for people to call you on, you get paid everytime they cold
call. hmmm Thanks Yahoo!

<Somebody>

>Now, where'd I put that wet-nap? My keyboard's covered with a recently
>aerosolized quadruple-espresso...

--- end forwarded text

--
R. A. Hettinga <mailto: rah@ibuc.com>