Re[2]: "united we stand"

Eugen Leitl eugen@leitl.org
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 07:49:26 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 8 Apr 2002, carey wrote:

> To your question:  Why?  Is it always requisite that for a company to
> succeed, they first must have some asshole making the decisions?  I'm
> working by your standard of external ruthlessness/asshole persona.

The process is similiar to by which water and feces separate
spontaneously. Shit floats to the top. The assertive, politicky person
winds up in control. Competence is really secondary here, but it of course
helps.

> PErhaps in our society the concept of a non-asshole just hasn't come
> into flavor yet.  IT doesn't necessarily mean that women can't be
> leaders, they just might be leaders via a different means.

They can have as many different leadership touches as they want, as long
as they're cold calculating bastards, or at least faking it well enough to
be able to steal a meal from a pack of hyenas.