Try To Read Without Smiling

grlygrl201@aol.com grlygrl201@aol.com
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 08:14:11 -0400

In a message dated Thu, 11 Apr 2002 10:21:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time, "Joseph S. Barrera III" <joe@barrera.org> writes:

>> When -- if -- you are ever lucky enough to get behind the
>> wheel of a machine like the $69,900 M5, do not sleep, do not
>> eat. Just drive -- wild-eyed and heavy-footed until the
>> fraying cords show through the smoldering hides of those
>> Michelin P245/40ZR-18 tires
>
>At which point expect to pay huge amounts of money for
>new tires. Z series tires are not cheap, and you learn
>to keep your tires properly inflated and balanced to
>get the most life out of them! (Can you tell I just
>bought four new PZeros?)

yep.

i took my 17" 245/45's Z's thru a carwash once.  Bent the wheel, got a flat, had to replace two tires at once, plus a wheel. You can never replace just one.

But I love 'em.  Soft, hunker-down-the-faster-you-go-tires.  So what if you only get 20,000 miles before replacement?  You've already blown a wad on gas.

(also, punctured two tires (h-rated 17" (bleh)at once - on Valentines Day 2001 (my own, while driving - hit a curb.)))

Loved by Allstate,
GG