Coup in Venezuela in progress.

Bill Humphries bill@whump.com
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 09:00:25 -0700

On Friday, April 12, 2002, at 01:13 AM, Gordon Mohr wrote:

> Not that I expect it to interfere with your reflexive
> crankiness in assuming everything is a right-wing
> conspiracy, but you should keep in mind:

I didn't think it was a "right-wing conspiracy". And I was aware of the
general strike. Luis' comments make it sound more of a general revolt than
a coup. And Chavez shot first.

I'll reserve judgment, and hope that the new authorities do not turn their
guns on to the people who were at the barricades with them.

I should just not comment on political matters when I've been working
twelve hour days for the past two weeks,