FoRK: Vacation Spots, relaxation havens and damn fun places to visit (fwd)

R. A. Hettinga rah@shipwright.com
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 13:49:05 -0400

This this thing has been forwarded around a bit, I figured I'd clear up a
geographic nit...

Cheers,
RAH

At 10:36 AM +0200 on 4/12/02, Eugen Leitl wrote:

> http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Newsroom/NewImages/images.php3?img_id=8276
> shows Montserrat. We parked the ferry, called Voyager, on the right hand
> (East) side of the island, which you can see in the second picture, there
> in front of the pyroclastic flow, where they said the water boiled for two
> days after the eruption in the previous year. On that day, the ash-cloud
> was blowing the other way, towards the west.

It turns out that the shuttle-shot picture puts North as *down*, so the
left-right stuff is, um, right, but you have to turn the picture around the
other way...

:-).

Cheers,
RAH