Try To Read Without Smiling

Marty Halvorson martyh@nmcourts.com
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 13:12:19 -0600

What really made me smile was the old fashioned belief that a manual
transmission makes an outstandingly good car even better.  Ever since
Porsche perfected "Tiptronic," believers in manual transmissions, above all
else, mark themselves as old fogies resistant to change.  I happen to be
old, and due to excesses in my youth (under 60 that is), don't have certain
parts of my body working sufficiently well to shift, in particular, my
knees.  I can only exclaim, "Hooray for Porsche!"

Being partial to Audi's, my current and previous, cars, I lust after the
S-6, especially since, in the U.S., it only comes as a station wagon.  Yes,
it has an automatic transmission, fortunately that transmission is a
Tiptronic, thus, one can play with the gears without the hassle of
shifting.  The S-6 is the ultimate stealth vehicle, a large station
wagon.  But, a large station wagon, with a 350 hp V-8 and full-time all
wheel drive, that goes, stops, and handles better than most other cars in
this world.

Peace,

Marty Halvorson