What does the Google API mean for fork folks?

Tom tomwhore@slack.net
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 20:25:48 -0400 (EDT)

My mind has hit a few ideas, some obvious some not.

Of course we all know the egosurfers will have an app that will let them
know what and where there is mention of them, keep a collection of sites
with them as teh star, and in short be a infotainer to them of them and by
them.

In the same way I can see folks using it to archive not just websites but
topics. Create up an app like HTTracke / Teleportpro / wget whcih seeks
info contanstly/daily/periodicaly and localizes or converts it for use on
a palm..Sort of like PLucker with a Purpose.

Gamewise, yea I can see some game potentialS> WEb pages metadated in a
certian way to be flaged as game data read into a game.

In the same way disparte web pages can be brought togther with little more
than a metatag and a searcher/agent api through google bringing it all
togther.

I like the speel checker idea, but beef it up to fact checker and now you
got something.

at the end of a friday thats all there is in me to ramble on. Im sure you
folks will hit on more.