FW: Wireless Camera War Driving...

Tom tomwhore@slack.net
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 23:21:00 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, Ian Andrew Bell wrote:

--]Thousands of people who have installed a popular wireless video camera,
--]intending to increase the security of their homes and offices, have instead
--]unknowingly opened a window on their activities to anyone equipped with a
--]cheap receiver.

Not to mention the years old Scannerz fun of finding someone in your
nieghborhood with wireless audio stuff and snooping in.

Short Tale Time. Back when I lived in the crowded bustle of NYC, this was
when I had a place  on 22nd between 8th and 9th, I was routinely
able to listen to tons, and I do mean tons, of folks on wireless phones as
well as the occasioal "Radio Nanny" broadcasts.

There was sort of a pervese joy in being lulled to sleep by some unkown
lulabyer.

Even when cordless phones went up to the 800 band from the way way open 40
section it was still a bounty of calls to be heard.

Here in Portland though the denisty is not so good for the constant soap
opera like sounds I was able to scanpan in NewYorkShitty. Still, I
occasionaly hunt around with my old scannerz. It still amazes me its
doable.