today's pet peeve

Joseph S. Barrera III joe@barrera.org
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 18:36:14 -0700

... is sites where when you hit the back button
in your browser, put you back at the same page.
You have to then manually go back two pages at once.
It just makes my life hard and it sucks.

I hate the company I work for, and a couple "sure thing"
opportunities fell through (who even knows why?),
so I'm drinking extra dry martinis (no vermouth)
and trying to recover the data on the laptop disk
that I had that died. And my jag is still in the
shop because when the shop did my brakes, they
introduced a shuddering that they can't figure out
yet how to get rid of. Should have bought something
simple and reliable, like a Buick. Oh, that's right,
I had a Buick (with no problems except plastic pieces
falling off) until I got the Jag, and gave the Buick
to my kawaii sister in law.

It's a shame I fall asleep after much more than two
glasses of gin. I need to get more drunk than I'm
physically capable of getting.

But really, you do have to read
- The Computer Connection
- Hard Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World
and of course
- Infinite Jest

But do you listen to me? No. No one does.
Brain the size of a planet...

My fucking antidepressants are Not Fucking Working.
Do you hear me? NOT FUCKING WORKING.
Maybe it's time for

(SHE GOT) ELECTROSHOCKED
she got electroshock therapy
fifty thousand volts
way outta control
she got electroshock therapy
a hundred thousand volts
way outta control
and hey whaddya know
it wasn't much of a joke
she got electroshocked
she got electroschock therapy
half a million volts
way outta control
she got electroschock therapy
twenty million volts
and hey whattya know
it was a bit of a jolt
way outta control
she got electroshocked
she got electroschock therapy
a hundred million volts
way outta control
she got electroshock therapy
eighty billion volts
way outta control
and hey whaddya know
it wasn't much of a joke
she got electroshock therapy
what a riot

- Joe

Jane Mary, Cry One Tear (Swans)

I Live In An Empty House
There's No-One There But Memory And Me
But I Loved A Woman Once
One Hundred Years Ago For A While
When She Left Here She Was Filled With Hatred
And With A Second Child
Now I Heard Nothing Ever Changes
But Nothing I Touch Has Stayed The Same
Everything Just Turns To Poison
That I Have Loved Or Made
So Bury My Children's Children
In A Deep And Lonely Grave
Anything Is A Cause For Sorrow
That My Mind Or Body Has Made
There's A Fire On The Water
There's A Hole In The Sky
There's The Devil Coming Down For Me
To This Room Where I'll Die
There's A Man With A Black Heart
He's Standing There Up On The Hill
He's Lifting Up With His Burning Hands
A Fire That Does Not Kill
He's Calling Down To Me Alone
He's Calling Down To Me Alone
He Says, "Get Down On Your Knees And Cry Alone
No One Will Cry For You."
So Jane Mary, Cry One Tear
Jane Mary, Cry Just One Tear For Me