a theory

Gary Lawrence Murphy garym@canada.com
18 Apr 2002 00:41:27 -0400

    J> I have a theory, which is that companies are systematically
    J> biased against unstable genius bipolars with attitude problems

Nonesense.  I've worked for some great bipolars.  It's the monopoles
I'm more wary of.

A good friend of mine, after serving a four year sentence working in
Advertising, came up with a better theory: The amount of money offered
for a job is inversely proportional to the value of the work.  Hence
the expression "They couldn't /pay/ me enough to do a job like that".
Her findings were based on the paultry sums we pay people in charge of
early childhood education vs what she made "brainstorming" on totally
inane advertising campaigns to sell knock-off clones of totally
pointless products.

Bucky Fuller reports that Henry Ford was even more succinct: "You can
make money, or you can make sense," the senior inventor told his then
neighbour, "The two are mutually exclusive."

So, as your self-appointed therapist, I prescribe forcing down just
one more gin, and then resolving to do four anonymous acts of
senseless random kindness before you pass out.  Things will look
different in the morning.