Why you get spam

Eugen Leitl eugen@leitl.org
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 15:48:33 +0200 (CEST)

On 21 Apr 2002, Gary Lawrence Murphy wrote:

> The Mercury News (via silicon.com) is running a series of articles on
> spam this weekend, of which there are few surprises except the
> confirmation that, whatever we may do, however we may hate it, the sad
> truth is, spam is highly profitable.

I hereby encourage anyone who's being spammed to see whether the spammer
can be tracked down to their geographical neighbourhood, to drive over,
and have a little chat (or hire somebody to do the dirty work in your
place).

Once the word starts making the rounds, the spam incidence will decrease
dramatically. That's the only way to do it.