Google enters r/t research market

Gary Lawrence Murphy garym@canada.com
21 Apr 2002 13:40:39 -0400

    J> Seriously, I think its a pretty cool abstraction -- essentially
    J> putting an API on top of a bunch of people.

In the days before the covered wagons arrived, back when netizens
still had a collective sense of humour and a basic human dignity,
there was a highly amusing API called "The Internet Oracle" where
/all/ questions, on /any/ topic, were freely answered via EMail.

It worked like this, you sent an email to the Internet Oracle asking
your question.  The Oracle would respond with an answer and a request
like "In payment, would you answer the following question for me?"

You can probably guess the rest.