billion/million [Re: united we stand]

Robert Harley harley@argote.ch
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 16:10:05 +0200 (CEST)

Dave Long wrote:
>Two things I know billionaires will pay millions for:
>1/ fast yearlings
>2/ hot startups
>
>Neither bloodstock breeders nor software startups are known for being
>low-risk investments.  [...]
>
>Are there any clear differences between the two?

Funny, I had this discussion a few days ago... with an investor who
made his $$$$$ in horse-racing, starting with family money made
operating a lottery!  (ArgoTech is about to sign a consulting deal
with a company he is backing).  So there still are some people with
the stomach for high-risk high-return investments...

L8r,
     .-.                    Robert.Harley@argote.ch                    .-.
    /   \           .-.      Software Development       .-.           /   \
            \   /         `-'       ArgoTech      `-'         \   /
             `-'                http://argote.ch/              `-'