Shock result of French presidential election

Luis Villa louie@ximian.com
22 Apr 2002 15:21:49 -0400

On Mon, 2002-04-22 at 15:14, Robert Harley wrote:
> Overall that would mean about the same abstention level as before (28.4%)
> and the final result being 83% of voters going for Chirac with the
> remaining 17% going for Le Pen.

The NYT had a poll this morning showing something like 83-84% intended
to vote for Chirac, not out of line with your numbers. I'd actually
expect abstention to be even lower, given that the early response to Le
Pen getting even as far as he did seems to be widespread protests.
Luis