Shock result of French presidential election

Elias Sinderson elias@email.arc.nasa.gov
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 17:32:12 -0700

My experience agrees with yours, although it's difficult to identify the cause
in a situation like this. When you mix vinigar and baking soda, which of the two
is responsible for the reaction? You can add the two in either order and get the
same result. Of course, there are rarely occasions when the riot police are just
waiting around and a mob of protestors happen to show up...

It will be interesting to see the results of the next round of voting, although
from the press coverage I've been exposed to I can't help but think that it'll
be a landslide for Chirac.