Mail Statistics

Rohit Khare Rohit@KnowNow.com
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 21:27:16 -0700

Observations:=20

1. the 2:1 forward to reply ratio is telling; could it be used to =
indicate you are more the hub of a social network than a spoke?=20

2. The 500+ message a day email user market MUST constitute an emerging =
sector for new tools. I know I'd be willing to pay -- and this is a =
rarity! -- several hundred dollars for a tool that genuinely read my =
mind with email management. (e.g. took note of how long I spent =
attending to a message or person; could auto-index and summarize related =
themes on a half-dozen different mailing lists; and best of all detect =
my mood and spoonfeed stored fun mails when I'm clearly hitting the =
new-mail button like a rat searching for glucose.)

3. drum roll please... yet more evidence that the fraction of email =
actually worth reading and doing something about is... 3%

Long live the 97% rule,
  Rohit