munchkinesque:[consume-routing] New mobile mesh released under GPL (fwd)

Eugen Leitl eugen@leitl.org
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 14:29:50 +0200 (CEST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 12:07:36 +0100
From: Jon Anderson <jon@locust.co.uk>
To: consume-routing@lists.consume.net, MOBILEMESH-LIST@lists.mitre.org
Cc: geoff@communitywireless.org
Subject: [consume-routing] New mobile mesh released under GPL

Yesterday, I released a binary for my experimental mobile mesh system.
Lots of people asked for the source...

The biggest thing I need with this project is assistance.

I'm worried about releasing the source with the protocol only half
defined, but it appears that people are unwilling to help projects
outside of the GPL. I can understand this, as no-one knows that my
intentions are really pure.

The code is ALPHA, it demonstrates my principles and mostly implements
the encoding method I described. It wont scale to production yet and
there are some critical parts missing, such as intelligent route
gathering, interface with the kernel, interproccess communication,
killing of dead routes, testing of peers etc.

I'm hoping that with the help of the opensource community this can be
got into a stable and high quality state.

The code is available here:

http://theophany.co.uk/hj-mm-01-src-gpl.tgz

I welcome any and all comments.

Best Regards,