Earth Day

Tom tomwhore@slack.net
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 13:53:02 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, Mr. FoRK wrote:

--]So, did anyone do anything interesting for Earth Day?
--]http://www.earthday.net/
--]

Back whenI lived in NYC Earthday was celbrated by gathering in Central
park, passing out a ton of leafleets, and then trampling the place silly
and littering it with the leafleets.

It seemed a bizzare way to celebrate a day of Earth, but it takes all
types.

Personaly, I dont do an earth day, I do it all year round. Portland has
got me into mega recycling, I try to buy only well formed foodstuffs, I
have yet to put a drop of Roundup or any such crap on my lawn/garden, I
teach the kid(s) about respect/nature/the stupidity of fouling our home
pretty much as a daily thing, I am into visting the beauty of nature
around me without haring that beauty im exploring (cache in/trash
out)....IN short I just live it like it means something more than another
excuse to wave a flag, chant a slogan or tokenize the effort and say "well
what a good boy am I"

Not that the day does not have its validity, just not for me.

Your milage may vary.

-tom