Extensible software

Gary Lawrence Murphy garym@canada.com
23 Apr 2002 17:15:48 -0400

    L> Any app coded with stock gtk2 widgets will automatically
    L> provide this functionality to any language that has gail
    L> bindings; perl, python, c, and c++ so far; applications using
    L> custom widgets will also be able to provide the same
    L> functionality, albeit not merely by being written in gtk2.

There, you see?  This is why I put my money on Gnome :)

Seems I should be paying more attention to gtk2, but at least it's
good to know I'm not the only one dreaming of such a world.

    L> P.S. How exactly does porting all useful tools into elisp fit
    L> in with 'small tools'?

elisp is just the scripting language; no one coded babelfish in elisp,
all they did was code the glue to export the current buffer over
the web and collect up the results.