Three Women Pregnant With Cloned Babies

chris arkenberg carkenbe@adobe.com
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 16:08:06 -0700

Does a cloned fetus qualify as a life in the traditional, biblical
sense? Is it the spark of consciousness that makes it divine, as some
would argue? Or does a human life begin with fertilization? And if
fertilization is the spark, does it matter whether it occurs in vitro
or in utero?

I too would be interested to see how religious fundamentalists would
regard these manufactured humans. Perhaps some rogue pastor will
baptize them into God's flock...