Three Women Pregnant With Cloned Babies

Eugen Leitl eugen@leitl.org
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 07:57:28 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, E. Sinderson wrote:

> For organ (bone marrow, etc) transplants, of course. I shouldn't think
> there would be much, if any, worry of the tissue being rejected...
> Gads, what has the world come to...?

Sorry to be a dirty Tleilaxu, but nonsentient meat has a lower status than
a pig (even if it looks human). I agree that we're wired to find it
abhorrent, and it thus will be a whole while before it starts happening in
the open, and on a nonnegligible scale (nonsentient meat being pregnant
with nonsentient meat is also something difficult to wrap one's mind
around).

I think working with tissue cultures is far easier, though. If you're
thinking about having a kid, consider

	http://www.lakewoodpath.com/art-cordbld.html

There could be unanticipated uses for this later on. Fiddling with adult
cells, especially aged adult cells is much more difficult.