Using a Nuke RE: French Carrier

John Hall johnhall@evergo.net
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 09:49:22 -0700

The US spends significantly less as a percentage of its GNP on the
military than it did before 1941.  We are spending half, as a
percentage, of what we did during Reagan.  We are spending a third, as a
percentage, of what we did during Eisenhower.

The military won't bankrupt the US anytime soon.  As Paul Kennedy
pointed out, far from suffering 'imperial over reach' we are dominating
the planet on the cheap.

Owen