A Brave and Modest Nation

Tom tomwhore@slack.net
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 13:46:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 28 Apr 2002, Russell Turpin wrote:

--]Tom Whore:
--]>"no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
--]>He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country"
--]
--]Tom, it's pretty dumb or callous to trot out that
--]quote, given the fact that the last four Canadians
--]to die for the US did so under friendly fire from
--]us. I doubt this is the tactical policy that Patton
--]was explaining.

You would doubt to the side of error if you would think that Pattons
scripted quotes would mean that he would not find a fault in the
death of allies inthe path of war. That it was by freindly fire makes the
matters more so, coordination of forces in a mixed sortie is key, if one
side lacks the coordination then the sortie is a bad one to carry out. Of
course POlitcal and Emotional forces will throw togther mixed forces and
to this point I think Patton would be sounding on the isde that the damn
sortie should not have been done in the first or next place.

I also find it a tad shallow of you to snap off a emotiblurb about the
context without some due study.

Your accusations that I find no loss in the freindly fire deaths of allies
is not only wrong it is pointedly so and to that I simply point two back
at you , wave them in your face, and expect a little more thought in the
future.

Think before posting, its not a bad idea.

-tom