US war, libertarianism, FoRK, and voices in opposition

carey carey@tstonramp.com
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 09:15:21 -0700

Hate to burst your idealistic bubble there Russell, but that just isn't the
case.  Friend of mine (As an anecdote) grew up in the very scary state of
Utah, right outside of Park City.   Those non-explicit back-door nods turned
out in her case to be much more like localized governmental religious
persecution.  She obviously, wasn't Mormon -- but that didn't stop the local
schools from preaching.   She didn't practice, but that didn't stop the
local officials from ostracizing her family.

And lets just be clear:  Utah has very VERY strict codes on many things --
pornography, alcohol -- god knows how many other vices.  If you don't think
they're more than an implicit 'nod' to the church, I'd like to find out what
you're smoking...

(Too bad it'd be illegal in Utah...)

-BB