US war, libertarianism, FoRK, and voices in opposition

John Hall johnhall@evergo.net
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 09:43:50 -0700

Well, I don't smoke anything.  The idea that government should control
vice has a pedigree that predates both Mormanism and Christianity.

Indeed, it is an enduring philosophical idea that a republic depends
ultimately on the morality of its citizens, and that the state has a
proper role in shaping that morality.

I like the rules just loose enough so I can enjoy my vices in private.

In public, however, if I see you smoking I will assume you are on fire
and act accordingly. :)