BUSINESS PROPOSAL

chris arkenberg carkenbe@adobe.com
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 12:40:09 -0700

--============_-1192013285==_ma============

Man, Nigeria is just the place to be these days. The "Oil Spillage"
angle is a nice twist on this otherwise tired scam.

At 3:24 PM -0400 4/29/02, kelvin odafa wrote:
> [...]
>  communities homeless.The contract was handled by a
>  foreign firm but because of the huge monetary profit
>  we envisaged we decided to over-invoice the contract
>  sum.
>
>  Now the contract has been completed and the original
>  contractor has since been paid,but the contract
>  balance of US$38 million,which resulted from the
>  over
>  invoiced contract sum that has been left in a
>  suspense
>  account with the CENTRAL BANK of NIGERIA,is what me
>  and my partners are planning to take out of the
>  country for ourselves.The problem is as government
>  officials,we are not suppose to own fat bank
>  accounts,talk less of having foreign ones.
>
>  To this end, we are soliciting your assistance as a
>  foreign partner who can assist us and receive this
>  amount into your account. We are ready to share this
>  money with you on the basis of participation. We
>  also
>  have plans to invest part of this money in any
>  viable
>  business in your country under your care,as we are
>  nearing our retirement age.
>
>  In any case, I received a reference of
>  you/organization from the Nigeria Chambers of
>  Commerce
>  and Industry =EBForeign Trade Division=ED as a reputable
>  organ that can assist us on this transaction. Please
>  if you accept my proposal do not hesitate to send me
>  fax on 234 1 759 0379 or send me an e-mail on:
><mailto:kelvinodafa@hotvoice.com>kelvinod! afa@hotvoice.com, so that
>I can provide you with
>  the basic procedures for the release of the fund.
>
>  It does not matter whether you or your company does
>  contract project of the nature described here, the
>  assumption is that you won a major contract and
>  subcontracted it to another company, more often than
>  not, big trading companies or individuals of
>  unrelated
>  field win major contracts here in Nigeria and
>  subcontracts same to more specialized firms for
>  execution.
>
>  BENEFIT: For providing the account where we shall
>  remit this money, you will be entitled to 25% of the
>  entire funds, 70% will be for me and my
>  partners,while
>  5% has been set aside to cover any expenses that may
>  be incurred by both parties during this transaction,
>  both local and international.
>
>  Please I enjoin you to handle this transaction with
>  utmost degree of maturity and confidentiality
>  because
>  I am still in active government service with the
>  =ECNIGERIAN NATIONAL PETROLEUM CORPORATION=EE. If I
>  receive your response on time, this whole
>  transaction
>  could be accomplished within the shortest possible
>  time based on your interest and determination,since
>  the money is already in transit.
>
>  Please, try to call me up to confirm the receipt of
>  your fax or e-mail.The lines may be busy,but keep

als

--============_-1192013285==_ma============

Spillage&quot; angle is a nice twist on this otherwise tired
scam.</div>
charset=3Dus-ascii<br>
inner-relay-1.corp.adobe.com id g3TJTFuE018840<br>
&nbsp;TEL/FAX: 234 1 759 0379.<br>
&nbsp;<a
href=3D"mailto:E-MAIL:kelvinodafa@yahoo.com"
>E-MAIL:kelvinodafa@yahoo.com</a>&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;<a
href=3D"mailto:E-MAIL:kelvinodafa@hotvoice.com"
>E-MAIL:kelvinodafa@hotvoice.com</a><br>
cite
>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<span
PROPOSAL<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;ATTN: PRESIDENT/CEO,<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;My name is KELVIN ODAFA, a member of the<br>
&nbsp;Task Force on Oil Spillage Clean-up. Early last year<br>
&nbsp;there was a major oil spillage in the Niger Delta<br>
&nbsp;Region of Nigeria which rendered over 70% of the<br>
&nbsp;communities homeless.The contract was handled by a<br>
&nbsp;foreign firm but because of the huge monetary profit<br>
&nbsp;we envisaged we decided to over-invoice the contract<br>
&nbsp;sum.<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;Now the contract has been completed and the original<br>
&nbsp;contractor has since been paid,but the contract<br>
&nbsp;balance of US$38 million,which resulted from the<br>
&nbsp;over<br>
&nbsp;invoiced contract sum that has been left in a<br>
&nbsp;suspense<br>
&nbsp;account with the CENTRAL BANK of NIGERIA,is what me<br>
&nbsp;and my partners are planning to take out of the<br>
&nbsp;country for ourselves.The problem is as government<br>
&nbsp;officials,we are not suppose to own fat bank<br>
&nbsp;accounts,talk less of having foreign ones.<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;To this end, we are soliciting your assistance as a<br>
&nbsp;foreign partner who can assist us and receive this<br>
&nbsp;amount into your account. We are ready to share this<br>
&nbsp;money with you on the basis of participation. We<br>
&nbsp;also<br>
&nbsp;have plans to invest part of this money in any<br>
&nbsp;viable<br>
&nbsp;business in your country under your care,as we are<br>
&nbsp;nearing our retirement age.<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;In any case, I received a reference of<br>
&nbsp;you/organization from the Nigeria Chambers of<br>
&nbsp;Commerce<br>
&nbsp;and Industry =EBForeign Trade Division=ED as a reputable<br>
&nbsp;organ that can assist us on this transaction. Please<br>
&nbsp;if you accept my proposal do not hesitate to send me<br>
&nbsp;a<br>
&nbsp;fax on 234 1 759 0379 or send me an e-mail on:<br>
afa@hotvoice.com</a>, so that I can provide you with<br>
&nbsp;the basic procedures for the release of the fund.<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;It does not matter whether you or your company does<br>
&nbsp;contract project of the nature described here, the<br>
&nbsp;assumption is that you won a major contract and<br>
&nbsp;subcontracted it to another company, more often than<br>
&nbsp;not, big trading companies or individuals of<br>
&nbsp;unrelated<br>
&nbsp;field win major contracts here in Nigeria and<br>
&nbsp;subcontracts same to more specialized firms for<br>
&nbsp;execution.<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;BENEFIT: For providing the account where we shall<br>
&nbsp;remit this money, you will be entitled to 25% of the<br>
&nbsp;entire funds, 70% will be for me and my<br>
&nbsp;partners,while<br>
&nbsp;5% has been set aside to cover any expenses that may<br>
&nbsp;be incurred by both parties during this transaction,<br>
&nbsp;both local and international.<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;Please I enjoin you to handle this transaction with<br>
&nbsp;utmost degree of maturity and confidentiality<br>
&nbsp;because<br>
&nbsp;I am still in active government service with the<br>
&nbsp;=ECNIGERIAN NATIONAL PETROLEUM CORPORATION=EE. If I<br>
&nbsp;receive your response on time, this whole<br>
&nbsp;transaction<br>
&nbsp;could be accomplished within the shortest possible<br>
&nbsp;time based on your interest and determination,since<br>
&nbsp;the money is already in transit.<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;Please, try to call me up to confirm the receipt of<br>
&nbsp;your fax or e-mail.The lines may be busy,but keep<br>
&nbsp;trying till you get through.<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;Yours faithfully,<br>
&nbsp;<br>