More economics from the trenches

Joseph S. Barrera III joe@barrera.org
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 20:54:41 -0700

Adam L. Beberg wrote:
> The Paychex CEO was on CNBC today, this is the company that actually prints
> the paychecks for 375,000 companies. So you could say they know exactly how
> many people are working and how much they are making for a significant chunk

I've almost always had direct deposit. Until recently I would get a
printed paycheck-oid object that told me how much was deposited.
A few months ago our company switched payroll systems and now I have to
look online to see what (or if) I got paid. If other companies have
been following suit (to cut costs) then there will be a drop in
the number of paycheck things printed per employed person.

- Joe
--
"For a toxic thing you sure smell pretty
  Summer, salt and wine