More economics from the trenches

Adam L. Beberg beberg@mithral.com
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 02:19:40 -0700 (PDT)

You want this graph:

http://www.craigslist.org/housing.trends.html

Basicly everyone is fleeing the bay area because there are no jobs. The
"ugly" side of this is that many of those are leaving not to jobs other
places (where it's not any better) but back to college or the parents, where
they also dont count as part of the labor force. In the macro situation it's
really a matter of if we can remove people from the labor force faster then
jobs disappear due to productivity gains. So far it looks like jobs are
going faster then people. And I dont mean just around the bay, everyone I
knew here is long gone already, it's all the old friends other places that
are losing the jobs now as part of the economic ripples.

Gotta get into taking care of old people, all the boomers are getting old
and useless, and really need to be relieved of their savings and pushed deep
into debt before they are allowed to die. Apparently many nurses are now
pulling down more then 100k/yr in this process, with a combination of lots
of old people and few people willing to take care of them... ewwwwwwwwww...

- Adam L. "Duncan" Beberg
  http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/
  beberg@mithral.com