More economics from the trenches

Johan Hjelm johan.hjelm@era-t.ericsson.se
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 17:30:36 +0200

>>I think that
>>if you take away technology, you get the picture that most non-tech workers
>>will give you - their standard of living is declining everyday, and has been
>>for 20 years.

There are plenty of farm and industry workers in China and eastern Europe who will not agree that their standard of living is declining. See http://www.worldbank.org/data/databytopic/reg_wdi.pdf. However, you are unfortunately correct for sub-Saharan Africa and south Asia. But somehow, I doubt that their lowering standard of living depends on the absence of technology industries...

Johan