Selling Travel in Today's Economy

Bob Maier info7@mailpound.com
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 12:16:05 -0400

<head>
<title>Selling Travel in Today's Economy</title>
</head>

  &nbsp;
at&nbsp;<a href="http://www.mailpound.com">www.mailpound.com</a>&nbsp;I
  wanted to update you on what is happening. When we launched the MailPound
  almost two years ago, our focus was on saving &quot;Time, Toner and
  Trees&quot;&nbsp;by providing an alternative for&nbsp;organizing the huge
  number of faxes suppliers sent travel agents each week. Our most popular
  feature was the FAM section, followed by the Weekly Sweepstakes.</font>
  &nbsp;
  &nbsp;
  striving to find ways to succeed in a challenging environment. Additional
  commission cuts, the aftermath of 9/11, and the drop in the stock
market, has
  had a cumulative effect on all of us. To survive, to succeed, we know
that we
  will need to work harder, work smarter, and work together. We have
gotten a
  tremendous amount of support from travel agents and this has translated
into
  the ability to get more support for travel agents from suppliers.</font>
  &nbsp;
searching supplier
  Special Offers to providing a suite of tools and services that can create
  sales and raise commissions. Almost all of these services are supplier
  supported and FREE to travel agents.
<ul>
  <li><font size="2">Actively seek out the best&nbsp;e-commerce
values</font>
  <li><font size="2">Help&nbsp;you market Special Offers to your
clients</font>
  <li><font size="2">Host personal web sites for travel agents with
MailPound
    content*</font>
  <li><font size="2">Offer&nbsp;higher commissions through
consolidation</font>
  <li><font size="2">Provide new technology for fast and easy&nbsp;online
    bookings</font>
  <li><font size="2">Provide your clients with the ability to book through
you,
    online</font></li>
</ul>
$9.95/month</font>
  &nbsp;
href="http://www.mailpound.com">www.mailpound.com</a>&nbsp;or
  check out the links shown below. See how the FREE services we offer the
travel
  agent community can help you succeed. The Summer is almost over, now is
the
  time to prepare for the upcoming selling season.</font>
  &nbsp;
<ul dir="ltr" style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <ul>
    <li><font size="2">For more information regarding higher commissions
and booking online: <a
href="http://www.mailpound.com/BLISS_Intro.HTM">
www.mailpound.com/BLISS_Intro.HTM</a>
    <li>For more information about your personal web site:<br>
      <a
href="http://www.mailpound.com/mpdirect">www.mailpound.com/mpdirect</a>
    <li>To register FREE at MailPound:<br>
      <a
href="http://www.mailpound.com/registration/">
www.mailpound.com/registration/</a></li>
  </ul>
</ul>
  &nbsp;
  SMART Travel Technologies, Inc.</font>
href="mailto:rmaier@smart2000.com">rmaier@smart2000.com</a><br>
  856-983-6100&nbsp; Ext. 101<br>
  12 East Stow Road, Suite 210<br>
  Marlton, New Jersey 08053</font>
messages
in the future, please reply to this message with REMOVE in the subject
line.</font></p>