[Fwd: EI & Gridwars Championship]

Stephen D. Williams sdw@lig.net
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 14:11:25 -0500

  Ok, Really Good Programmers, tell me what you think.  These guys had a
good story about their compiler and grid system, but I haven't actually
tried to program for it yet.  As I understand it so far, it is a
semi-explicit parallel programming model as extensions to C/C++ and a
grid library/system that can be run on various interconnects.

sdw

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: EI & Gridwars Championship
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 07:55:46 -0700
From: "Matt Oberdorfer" <Matt_Oberdorfer@engineeredintelligence.com>
To: <swilliams@hpti.com>
CC: <jvasak@hpti.com>

Hello Stephen,

Thanks for the meeting at Supercomputing 2002 - As promised I will sent
out today one of our product boxes to you. It contains a CxC parallel
compiler that allows to develop parallel software on a desktop and run
it on a cluster. Here is some press coverage about Engineered
Intelligence Corporation on our parallel programming contest Gridwars
and CxC compiler product launch at the supercomputing show SC 2002. In
Grid Wars competing battle programs fight for control of parallel
processors. The basis for Grid Wars is a two-dimensional grid of fully
functional virtual parallel processors.

- "EI ANNOUNCES GRID WARS PARALLEL PROGRAMMING CHALLENGE"

	http://www.supercomputingonline.com/article.php?sid=2909
 	http://www.supercomputingonline.com/article.php?sid=2908

As you can see EI did not only launch a product but also a championship
(Gridwars) in order to excite as many programmers as possible for this
new language and compiler.
But .. be careful, once started it might be addictive ;-)

Here is the website of his company http://www.engineeredintelligence.com

... and gridwars
http://www.gridwars.com

Cheers,
Matt Oberdorfer
Engineered Intelligence

PS: I would appreciate if you could pass this message on to the really
good programmers that you know.

--
sdw@lig.net http://sdw.st
Stephen D. Williams 43392 Wayside Cir,Ashburn,VA 20147-4622