Fwd: Re: AOL officially blocking Trillian users

carey carey@tstonramp.com
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 07:27:59 -0800

No idea why I was too alseep to reply-to all.. but anyway..

Alright kids.  AOL sucks.  They really really do.  I was sitting there
getting ready for work, and for the life of me I couldn't find a
legitimate reason that they were blocking access.  Other than they're
whiny, and recognize that trillian just hasn't gotten popular enough
(tm) to cause them serious press issues.

so lets change this shall we?

Sure this is going to go hit Slashdot and the various tech circles,
but I'm feeling evil about this whole thing.  Lets just populate AOL's
acts to various press outlets.  Let's do a good job of pushing the
message out there, getting trillian some damn needed press, and
smacking AOL a little where it hurts.

One other suggestion.  Trillian is honestly a rad little program.
They don't charge, they don't spam, they don't advertise.  They just
want donations.  Literally, $5 will get you a lifetime free key that
will let you use the software free forever.  5 Bucks kids.  I'm going
to go ahead, hit their website
http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/donate.html and give give give.

AOL needs a smacking.  Lets go ahead and do it in the way that
matters.

Fund innovation.  Screw stupidity.  Donate to Trillian.
At 07:04 AM 02/15/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>These folks are bitches, and I'm going to go ahead and
>donate some credits to Trillian so they can keep smacking AOL with
>better code.  I give them about a day :)

That's a great idea - you should post it to FoRK. I'm going to go do that now.

--
B.K. DeLong
bkdelong@pobox.com

http://www.brain-stream.com               Play.