AOL officially blocking Trillian users

Gary Lawrence Murphy garym@canada.com
17 Feb 2002 22:09:38 -0500

    >> I don't think that AOL has any obligation to provide you with
    >> free use of its facilities (directories, servers, bandwidth) on
    >> *your* terms and conditions.

    c> You're right. They don't. But here's my beef with the whole
    c> stupid situation.

    c> It doesn't hurt AOL to allow compatability on other systems.

Are we certain it is so sinister, or could it simply be that AOL is
still developing their open gateway and they occasionally make a
non-backward-compatible change?  Just curious. I've had many clients
who were firm unbelievers in backward-compatible protocols.