Wow.

John Hall johnhall@evergo.net
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 14:47:59 -0800

I'm still waiting to read his book, 'Carnage and Culture'.

-----Original Message-----
From: fork-admin@xent.com [mailto:fork-admin@xent.com]On Behalf Of carey
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2002 12:24 PM
To: fork@xent.com
Subject: Wow.

This particular piece, while not pretty, kind or delicate, does make a damn
good point.  Ignorance is the evil, and because of ignorance, the middle
eastern world is largely committed to their fates of violence, intollerance,
fundamentalism and chaos.

I'm posting this in full because damnit, its important to read.  This has
caused me to at least reconsider some of my previously held beliefs.  Off to
find more bits.

http://www.opinionjournal.com/extra/?id=105001688

DEFENDING THE WEST

Why the Muslims Misjudged Us
They hate us because their culture is backward and corrupt.

BY VICTOR DAVIS HANSON
Monday, February 25, 2002 12:01 a.m. EST

Mr. Hanson, a military historian, is author most recently of "Carnage and
Culture" (Doubleday 2002) and a contributing editor of City Journal, in
whose Winter issue this article appears.