Lennox vs Tyson

Tom tomwhore@slack.net
Sun, 9 Jun 2002 12:19:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 9 Jun 2002, Robert Harley wrote:

--]This is sport, apparently.

Its a lot like reading many fork posts these days, its less a sport and
more an excersise in pain. Some folk are transfixed by that sport, the
pain and anguish of watching things be destroyed. Hence we have Battle
Bots ("hey its metal its not humans so the carnage is ok , right?"),
CSPAN, CNNs constant coverage of any conflict ("we are live at the bodega
on Ave A were a customer is in violent conflicty with the owner over the
freshness of his coffe, we go now to Wolf Blitzer on the sceen"), and more
subtle competitions of strength like Junk Yard Wars and Iron Chef.

Tyson V Louis was less a fight and more a media event for the same crowd
that watches old 80's reruns and camps out to see styx perform at thier
local community center.

The Flunkey V the Junkey was more a fight, here were two people with bile
spewed for each other, whose very essence made teh other boil to rage.

Oh want fancy monkeys we think we are only to realize the only differnce
is we secure the broadcast rights to beating our chests.

ob F the french.

-tom