Nigerian Transfer Nonsense

Eirikur Hallgrimsson eh@mad.scientist.com
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 14:41:04 -0400

I really do wonder.   I would actually like to know what is going through
the minds of the humans who send us this trash.

Do they not read any of the lists they pollute, such that they don't know
that they are wasting their time sending their lies that are so similar to
lies that would be heating my home were they pieces of paper I could burn?

Do they have NO idea about the recipients?   Does caring so little about
what venue you pollute actually win in some way?

I'd like to meet up with some of these jerks and find out what's going on.

I do know someone who developed software for spammers early on.
Apparently the world of commercial spam has become increasingly desperate
and nasty.    The fellow I know got out of it some time ago, but is being
plagued with lawsuits and threats.

Sometimes I imagine a vast conspiracy to paper the world with this
Nigerian Transfer meme.

What's up with this?

Eirikur