Hello 2015

Michael Watson mikejw@cruzio.com
Sat, 02 Mar 2002 10:18:48 -0800

I am at a similar turning point in my life and your post has heartened me. I
am thinking along the same lines as you. In fact, one of my thoughts has
been to drive a cab to pay bills while working on open source code. However,
I am really turned off by the rabid anti-microsoft sentiments among some of
the open-source programmers. That is all well and good, but it would be
extreme ingratitude for me to join the chorus since I am currently living
off Microsoft Works money. Many of the programmers at Microsoft are just as
passionate about their code as any open source programmer.

I recently got a massage and during the massage I shared my recent
near-death experience with the therapist. She in turn shared that she felt
she was inhabited by personalities from the past. I am trying to keep a much
more open mind so I didn't even think to question her reality. Her comment
that really struck home to me was "There are many of us who have important
things to say but we don't know how to get our message out on the internet".
That got me thinking of a direction to go in. Might be a good way to meet
women too. :-)

Michael