Hello 2015

Eirikur Hallgrimsson eirikur1@mediaone.net
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 13:32:17 -0500

On Sunday 03 March 2002 12:32 pm, ThosStew@aol.com wrote:
>because his customers are, at this point, geting what he wants,and don't
> anymore have a heck of a lot of choice if they want something he doesn't
> want.

I very, very, strongly disagree with this.  His customers have plenty of
options.  They are not interested in them because they are conformist.
They are, for the most part, not even interesting in learning about their
options.   This is what holds back both Free Software and commercial
alternatives.

Anyone who wants to can easily (at the price of some reseach and
understanding) run any of an increasing number of superior operating
systems and applications.

I have absolutely no use for people who complain about Microsoft while
paying them.  And less use for people who complain about Microsoft while
using pirated copies.

Some of the Linux and Free Software people worry about market penetration
and end-user adoption.    I'm all for it, but I gave up trying to convince
the masses of things in my teens.

Free Software is a fancy restaurant.   You may not understand some of the
menu items.   The other patrons may be dressed funny.  The chef may have a
bad day now and then.

Windows is MacDonalds.   The vast majority of people do not go to fancy
restaurants.

Eirikur