Why they hate us...

Adam L. Beberg beberg@mithral.com
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 19:59:59 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 3 Mar 2002, Michael Watson wrote:

> I am going to go on a little rant here because your post rubbed me the wrong
> way.

Fair enough, you seem to agree with me tho.

> Intelligence is not a priveledge of certain classes and smart kids are
> being born all the time in the rest of the world. Obviously. Part of it
> is a question of opportunity.

Yes, they can be born anywhere, and they then seek out the opportunities and
food, some better then others. You did OK it sounds like, working up less
like the rest of us. I know huge numbers of people that were born bad places
and moved better places.

> My rage is the rage of all working class people against their 'betters'. I
> am as upset as anyone about 9/11, but as Greg Kinnear said on the late show
> prior to 9/11, that if the terrorists succeeded in blowing up the world
> trade centers where all the bond traders work, about 20,000 people would die
> but only about 20 souls would be lost (I am paraphrasing). Shocking yes

Shocking no, noone can feel sorry for people whose job it is to do what the
Enron execs did, only on a smaller scale. They have a good scam going, the
people that have moved all the way to wallstreet. But those people had
families and friends that may have been good people.

That and it's entirely natural to hate people with more of anything then
you. It's hard to be the alpha if someone else has more.

> If I am a goat farmer from long generations of goat farmers and want my
> son to be a goat farmer but he doesn't want to because he has been
> influenced by western culture, then this is going to bring about a
> certain amount of rage.

Definately rage against the wrong thing tho. And more an envy of the childs
greater opportunities isnt it? If they cant tell rage from envy, well that
explains why THEY didnt move doesnt it :)

> Then if MTV isn't enough

This is simply to make people so stupid they cant use a gun, and we dont
have to pay them not to hurt us. ;)

> I agree with you about the barbarians at the gate but you better watch
> out for the barbarians from the wrong side of the track in your town.

Thus my mention of the trailer parks and projects. Our own little deserts.

So what rubbed you the wrong way?

- Adam L. "Duncan" Beberg
  http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/
  beberg@mithral.com