Hello 2015

Lorin Rivers lrivers@realsoftware.com
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 22:10:30 -0600

At 7:55 PM -0500 3/2/02, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
><rant>
>Whoa there, pardner!  I object to labelling someone as 'mentally
>ill' unless it is an untreated or untreatable condition.  Someone
>whose condition is being treated, with medication or therapy or
>whatever, I do not regard as ill.  That's like calling someone
>who has diabetes 'sick' -- they have an illness, true, but it's
>under control and they are *not* 'sick' to my mind.

The difference between odd and "mentally ill" to me is that if it
_bothers_ you, you should get treatment. Even the most wacked out
folks may have moments of relative clarity when they realize
something is _wrong_.

Then there's the difference between eccentric and crazy.

$
--
"This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the
election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one