Hello 2015

Michael Watson mikejw@cruzio.com
Sun, 03 Mar 2002 22:56:34 -0800

It is confusing, I know, because I am aware of the limits of my own
intelligence. I do *feel* what you mean though. It reminds me of "zen and
the art of motorcycle maintenance" by Robert Pirsig. He talked about the
"quality" of an object that was sensed before the mind had a chance to
interpret the object, if I remember correctly.

Michael

At 10:33 AM 3/4/02 +0530, you wrote:
>At 08:58 AM 3/4/02, Michael Watson wrote:
>
>>I am probably missing something in what you are trying
>>to say, for example, I don't understand your comment about form and content
>>as it relates to art. Do you mean something like "The message is the medium"
>>postulated by Marshall Macluan (sp)?
>
>What I meant was that if you look at something as art (which does not
>prevent you from looking at it as a program, or as cliff's notes for that
>matter) then that part of 'it' which is art, is the form rather than the
>content.
>
>I better stop. I'm sounding even more confused than usual.
>
>Udhay
>Udhay Shankar N                                         Iponics India
>Business Acceleration & Incubation           http://www.iponics.co.in

I am an imperfect human being. I reserve the right to say something stupid
and mean it.