Hello 2015

Karl Anderson kra@monkey.org
04 Mar 2002 10:47:15 -0800

Eugene Leitl <Eugene.Leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de> writes:

> Redmond used to get lots of talent, though probably not top talent. A good
> coder who's happy with a good salary and doesn't care what happens to his
> code after he's done nor about the business morals of his employer can get
> happy there.

Can't care too much about what happens to your code in any closed
source shop.  I've had enough projects triaged (the good managers are
the ones who know that it's painful and break it to you gently) and
one (so far) company go under, bringing the entire code base with it.

Leaving the company before it sank and working on the project that
ought to replace the terminated work was a nice consolation, though.

--
Karl Anderson      kra@monkey.org           http://www.monkey.org/~kra/